DRM Reception Project Forums  

Go Back   DRM Reception Project Forums > DRM Reception Project > Reception Results - Recent Posts
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2017-09-07, 17:53   #76
tpreitzel

Sept 9th, 2017 partial log, i.e. two hours. My SDR-4+ logs the first hour and my DR-111 logs the second hour. Conditions were more favorable during the first hour so the discrepancy is larger than it appears due to my noisy PC.

Consequently, it's SMARTER for listeners to buy dedicated radios instead of SDRs simply because SDRs need to be connected to a likely NOISY device.

Buy the GR-216.
Attached Images
File Type: png 5200-170907-0504-0601-TPR.png (28.6 KB, 134 views)
File Type: png 5200-170907-0623-0722-TPR.png (29.3 KB, 142 views)
tpreitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-20, 03:39   #77
tpreitzel

Thanks to Christopher over at DRMNA. I was thinking about inquiring with the USCG about their final report, but I've thankfully been spared .... Although replacement and relocation of the current transmitters further inland would allow the USCG to remove the NVIS antennas, the USCG will probably adopt a lower cost scenario initially. Just adding content servers and modulators to existing facilities would still be a big step in the right direction. Eventually, those additional content servers and modulators could be moved to new inland sites with slightly more powerful transmitters when adequately funded.

http://drmnainfo.blogspot.com/2018/1...t-be-path.html

P.S. Disregard my comment in the previous post, #76, that recommended buying Gospell's GR-216 in 2017. Until Gospell is serious about fixing the currently broken GR-216s shipped from the factory and they improve QC for future products, look elsewhere.

Last edited by tpreitzel : 2018-10-20 at 20:38.
Old 2018-11-02, 18:56   #78
Cumbredx

USCG Plans

I read the report last summer and asked Irene about it. They didn't have any plans then for DRM. Here is her reply:

"The pilot service in Boston is also not looking good at this time. Funding has dropped and there is no further DRM work being planned.

Regards, Irene"
Cumbredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 23:39   #79
tpreitzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbredx
I read the report last summer and asked Irene about it. They didn't have any plans then for DRM. Here is her reply:

"The pilot service in Boston is also not looking good at this time. Funding has dropped and there is no further DRM work being planned.

Regards, Irene"

Since the report wasn't finished in 2017, I assume "last summer" was this past summer of 2018. That response from Irene is interesting given the major problem isn't DRM, but the USCG's facilities.