DRM Reception Project Forums  

Go Back   DRM Reception Project Forums > DRM Reception Project > Reception Results - Recent Posts
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2018-10-19, 04:45   #1
Braccini

RNZ Pacific 13840 kHz in English

Hi Francisco

Well done , not easy over such a long distance.
You are the first report since we returned to 11690.
Next month we return to 13840 @ 2000 which maybe better for you.
Congratulations!

Adrian Sainsbury
Frequency Manager
Braccini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 19:55   #2
tpreitzel

A terrible frequency for NA due to interference from WWCR @ 13845 kHz ... I know. I know. NA isn't in the target zone (ancient analog thinking) for their relays. I'm curious. If RNZI wants the highest quality for their relay, why not use the xHE-AAC codec? Surely, RNZI can decode the higher quality xHE-AAC codec in their network or does RNZI have another excuse for sticking with 64 QAM and AAC+? Why not deploy their relay via satellite? I know. I know. Satellite is allegedly much more expensive that a laser-like digital beam over HF. LoL

Personally, I'm waiting on just ONE decent commercial broadcaster to deploy digital shortwave correctly. I can wait.

Last edited by tpreitzel : 2018-10-19 at 20:29.
tpreitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 21:21   #3
Braccini

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpreitzel
A terrible frequency for NA due to interference from WWCR @ 13845 kHz ... I know. I know. NA isn't in the target zone (ancient analog thinking) for their relays. I'm curious. If RNZI wants the highest quality for their relay, why not use the xHE-AAC codec? Surely, RNZI can decode the higher quality xHE-AAC codec in their network or does RNZI have another excuse for sticking with 64 QAM and AAC+? Why not deploy their relay via satellite? I know. I know. Satellite is allegedly much more expensive that a laser-like digital beam over HF. LoL

Personally, I'm waiting on just ONE decent commercial broadcaster to deploy digital shortwave correctly. I can wait.
It's really hard for someone to do this correctly. More recently the station broadcasting on 16-QAM with Parametric Stereo was the CNR, but I do not know why the station switched to 64-QAM.

I am insisting on this with RRI but they do not respond when I specifically ask this question. Casting on 16-QAM is pretty good already, but at least + SBR should have for audio quality to be really good and similar to FM!

Last edited by Braccini : 2018-10-19 at 21:32.
Braccini is offline   Reply With Quote